Spring is in the air! What says “spring” more than daffodils? These won’t droop or wilt – total bonus! Perfect for a spring party of just for fun while sipping some lemonade.
- Here is what you need: standard cupcake liners (I chose yellow and white from the shop), bendy straw, scotch tape, and scissors.
- Fold the liners in half, in half again, and in half again.
- Cut the liner for the back of the daffodil with a “v” shape out at the edge.
- Cut the liner for the center of the daffodil across so that it keeps its round edge.
- Unfold the liners until they are only in half once.
- In the center of each, cut a tiny slit. Unfold the liner, and refold it in half the other way and cut another slit which puts an “x” in the center. This is where th straw will go through, so you do not want or need to make it very big.
- Put the liner for the inside of the flower on the straw near the bendy portion–leaving enough room at the top for the straw to be used. Pinch is around the straw without crushing the straw.
- Secure the liner with a small piece of tape.
- Repeat step 7 with outer liner at the base of the inner liner.
- Repeat step 8 with outer liner. ALL DONE!
I ended up putting a vase of these on my entry table because I thought they were so refreshing.
P.S. You can find these as well as a larger selection of cupcake liners in the shop.
Linking up with these blogs…Pin It