Fast, easy and tasty are my critera for a recipe. It’s like a cherry (tomato, in this case) on top when a dish appears far more complicated and involved than it is so I can fool dinner guests into thinking that I’m a master of the kitchen.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 container sun-dried tomato vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- your choice of pasta
- Place the chicken breasts in a zip lock bag with about a cup of dressing. Put in refrigerator to marinade. (If you do not have time to do this, don’t worry about it.)
- Combine tomatoes, basil, mozzarella and 1/2 cup (or so) of dressing. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare chicken — bake or grill.
- Prepare pasta.
- Place chicken over pasta in a dish and spoon tomato mixture over the chicken.
- Drizzed the entire dish with dressing to finish it off.
This recipe fits my criterea and is perfect for using your summer garden tomatoes and basil…if you do that sort of thing, which I don’t…though I aspire to!
Linking up with here!