Just a little something to warm your heart this Valentine’s Day! This recipe is a must have for winter. A friend introduced me to it a few years back and it’s been my standard winter fallback ever since. Because it is soooo easy. I mean, SOOO easy!
|Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup|
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1- 14.5 oz can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 cups chicken broth (bullion, whatever)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or 1 tbsp dry cilantro
- salt to taste
- tortilla chips
- Put all ingredients into a crock pot.
- Set it to cook for at least 6 hours–8 is better.
- Before serving, shred the chicken breasts (I use two forks and pull it apart).
- Top the soup with cheddar or monterey jack cheese (or both) and serve with a side of chips (I don’t like mine swimming too long as they get soggy).
I actually never use an actual recipe to make this soup. I just kind of throw all of the ingredients into the crock pot until it has the amount I’m wanting to make. It tastes a little different every time, but it’s always good! The recipe can be doubled easily so that you can serve a crowd or throw a container in the freezer. My husband likes to put rice, black beans and/or corn in the soup as well. Just an idea.
Have a lovely Valentine’s Day!